Home Hair Salon in Edenvale before I go into the points to help you choose your hairdresser, I should first outline the definition of what is a mobile hairdresser? A Mobile Salon Services is a hairdresser who usually works for his or herself visiting clients at their homes or place of work, or any other agreed venue and does not operate from a fixed hair salon or beauty shop.
Will Getting a Haircut Stop My Hair From Shedding?
1.When to consider using a mobile hairdresser. The services of a mobile hairstylist may often be required to be used at a home for a wedding when it may often be inconvenient for the bride to travel to a hair or beauty salon to have her hair and her make-up done, requiring her then to travel back to her home to put on her wedding gown. Instead, the hairdresser will travel to the bride’s home in order to style the bride’s hair for her special day. A Mobile Hair Services hairstylist is often in demand for Care homes, hospitals, prisons, the armed forces, and in many other situations where individual attention is required.
The Five Vital Reasons to Opt for Mobile Spa Services
4. Always Use a qualified hairdresser. As with Salon hairdressers, your mobile hairdresser should hold formal hairdressing qualifications. The UK national Vocational Qualification in Hairdressing (NVQ) is the only recognized qualification system, and more than 60% of mobile hairstylists are now trained to this standard. They should also hold professional indemnity insurance.
Your mobile hairdresser should be happy and prepared to recommend the perfect hairdos and often make-up to accentuate and compliment the individual looks of the customer, and offer suggestions on what hairstyle or make up should best suit the client.
Home Hair Salon in Edenvale ?
Like any other kinds of types of jobs, profession and career in the world, there are advantages and disadvantages to being a hairdresser. Yet despite the pros and cons, as long as you have the motivation, inspiration and the love for what you do, nothing will hinder you from succeeding as a hair dresser or any other career you choose to pursue.
Hairdresser Pros: What makes the profession enjoyable?
- Interaction with different types of people. A hairdresser always has this opportunity with various types of clients, young or old, male or female. As a matter of fact, it is this dealing with different personalities that add challenge and reward to the job. A hairdresser is prevented from boredom as each client requires specific hair care needs.
- Work Flexibility. If you are a hairdresser, you may choose to work for a salon or for yourself. You may opt to work in an 8-hour shift or by appointment only. You may also establish your own salon or offer home service.
- Variety of services. These days, clients prefer a convenient on-stop salon where they could get different services like hair styling, facials and nail care. If you are a hairdresser working for a salon such as this, you would need to know how to perform other beauty services. Expect that every day, you might be performing a different service and not just the basic hair trimming.
- Options for training. If you want to become a hairdresser, you may choose to attend a training course from a technical school. You may also choose to become an apprentice in a work environment where you would likely be absorbed once the apprenticeship is completed.
How to Become a Successful Mobile Hairdresser
There are a variety of methods used to start dreadlocks. The method and size selected mostly depends on the texture and length of the hair. Other variables that affect the lock starting technique include hair's thickness, fullness, and versatility desired. The methods discussed in the article give you insight into the most popular methods used and what works best on various hair lengths and textures. The methods discussed include: two-strand twist, three-strand twist, comb coil twist, palm rolling, latch stitching, and individual braids.
In the palm rolling method, the hair is sectioned and rolled between the palms. This is usually achieved on hair that is longer than 2 inches. For best results, you should not wash your hair until it has started to lock. As the hair grows, the new growth is twisted using a palm rolling or similar twisting method. Alternatively, the new growth can be groomed using the interlocking or latch hook method discussed below.
The comb coils is a method where the hair is sectioned and is twisted into coils using a (rat tail) comb or by hand. This is usually achieved on shorter hair. For best results, you should not wash your hair until it has started to dread. As the hair grows, the new growth is twisted using a palm rolling or similar twisting method. When hair starts to lock, it will begin to not look like comb coils and may start to get fuzzy or begin to poof. However, this is not a cause to create worry because it is all apart of the dreading process.
The last method we will discuss is back combing. Back combing is a common method on hair that is a straighter, less kinky texture. Back combing (also known as "teasing" or "ratting") means repeatedly combing the hair towards the scalp, causing the hair to tangle. For best results, the hair should be at least shoulder length. With this method, the hair cannot be washed until it starts to lock. Because of the straighter texture, it may take 4-6 months for the hair to start to lock. During this time, the hair should NOT get wet. Some type of product, like wax or honey, is usually added to the hair to help facilitate the locking of the hair.
No matter the method you choose to start your locks, understand the commitment you are taking by locking you hair. Happy Locking!